Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voting!... and mice

Today is a major election.  Everyone has a right to vote.  Even if I don't like who they choose to vote for.  Those who know me well, will know I'm an ultra conservative in support of today's version of the "Tea Party".  And I don't dislike liberals, because well if they want to hug trees and love the mice that infest the walls of my dinky little townhouse, whatever!  That's fine by me.  Just don't expect me to love them.  And don't call me cruel for sticking poison behind my refrigerator!  O:-)

The mice are another story which I might get to later... hehe.  The election is a more important topic.

So I am not what Liberals would call a feminist.  I don't have a 'real' job.  My 'unreal' job consists of caring for my two daughters and cleaning my house.  I could have a paid job managing a medical office which my husband will be taking over eventually.  (My husband tries to stay a-political because he has liberal patients.  So I can't say more than that.) It's a really hard decision, because working at the office will get us into our own house sooner(AND away from those pesky mice).  But I've decided that I don't want to miss out on moments with my insane children.  And who else is going to teach them to be ultra conservatives?

Anyway back to not being a feminist.  I must say I am so grateful that I do have a right to vote and I wouldn't be able to if it weren't for women who wanted to have a voice as well.  (see I'm more feminist than liberals think)  Had it not been for those AMAZING women, I wouldn't have the options that I have now.  I wouldn't be able to choose to stay with my beautifully insane daughters.

For example, last night while reading a book about rabbits.  My daughter read, "The female is a doe.  The male is a drunk."  If someone else was taking care of her and reading with her instead of me I would have missed that truly hilarious moment!  I cherish the time I get to spend with my daughters and I am so grateful that my husband is able to work and provide for us so that I can stay at home with them and care for them.

So women!  VOTE!  It's our right to do so!  Don't let it go to waste!  It doesn't matter if we agree on candidates or not.  Voting is important!

That said, onto the mice!  My husband and I were discussing last night about those little critters and he made the comment, "I hope they don't suffer."  (See republicans can be tree huggers too)  I just laughed, called him a tree hugger, asked if he was going to join P.E.T.A. now (he's a big meat eater!) and then proceeded to tell him, "I don't.  I want them to suffer.  I spent all morning making those blasted cookies and ended up having to throw out half of those cookies because of the mice."  I don't care if you think I'm evil now because I want to get rid of my mice infestation.  Or more likely you probably think I'm horrible for wanting them to suffer.  I do not think that of humanity.  I think too often we care more for the animals than we do for our own species.

We need to remember that the preservation of humanity is what is important.  We are all Sons and Daughters of God.  So we should treat each other with love and respect.

Hope you all have a lovely day!  Don't forget to Vote!

1 comment:

  1. I still can't believe you called your husband a tree hugger. LOL So funny!

    ReplyDelete