Friday, January 24, 2014

Potty Training

IT FINALLY HAPPENED!  It was the first week in December (yep, nearly two months later and I'm posting about it now!).  Naturally she hadn't decided on her own.  But I finally dropped the diaper, doubled up on training underwear and she was peeing in the potty after a few days.  It was a struggle to lose the diaper at first, as we put them on right before bed.  Now it's a struggle to put on diapers right before bed.

It's come down to it, I did what I could, but I ignored advice and went my own way.  In the end, with a stubborn toddler(and boy is she stubborn), you have to do what is going to be the best way for them... and your carpet ;)  Also bribing them with their favorite candy works too... and potty charts.  The toys sat on my counter for three months... but she was happy to get them when she did no.1 and 2!  We aren't completely accident free, but we're down to about one accident a week and accident free while we are out and about.  And I call that great!

No comments:

Post a Comment