Thursday, August 22, 2013

Why I wish I had more time to write...

Yes, I realize how long it's been since I've posted anything.  I was trying to be good, posting at least once a month, possibly every other month.  Then school was let out and I was on get-me-out-of-this-house-before-I-am-arrested mode.  Which is basically me leaving my house as often as possible so my children are less likely to fight with each other.  It worked out pretty well.

But summer wasn't the only thing that got in the way.  I also moved, not really far.  Also I can't use that as an excuse because I was settled within a week... I don't like to sit in a boxed up house.

So that brings me to now.  School has started and I have started potty training... which is a total nightmare.  I've tried so many methods.  Potty training in three days, is just not an option, plus everytime I do that, I end up with pee all over the place.  Sorry I'm not going to clean my carpets on a daily basis because my daughter really doesn't care where she pees as long as it's not in the toilet.  It's so awesome. :/

So writing anything has been put on hold.  And I have so many ideas that I would love to put on paper.  But between laundry, cleaning and a toddler who refuses to potty train, there just isn't time.  I think that there should be such thing as a professional potty trainer.  I would totally hire that person to come and do this for me so I can do everything else I have to do.

Have I mentioned I also promised my oldest daughter I'd make her a snake costume for Halloween?  And I also bought fabric to make the toddler a princess dress.  And I have a million patches to sew onto everything (mostly my cub scout leader shirt.  Another thing I am doing).  So writing has pretty much taken a back seat behind all the other things I have to do.

But don't think I'm complaining!  I've been having an awesome time!  I'm seriously looking forward to planning awesome activities for my pack of wolves!  (I just realized I'm using a ton of exclamation points, but I'm really excited :D)  I can't wait to see my daughter's face when I finally finish her snake costume (pictures will follow when I actually get it all done).

Spending time with my family over the summer was the best!  And next week my in laws are coming, so I'm totally going to use that time to get projects done while they occupy my toddler's attention :)

With that little update, I'm out! Places to go, people to see, things to do!  Mostly just the things! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment