Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Life Lately

A lot's been happening lately and I haven't really been in the mood to address any of it.  Mostly because I don't want to spend my days, dwelling in despair and sadness.  Plus it takes a lot to talk about ones life, especially when said personal doesn't really like to share with anyone about their feelings (I'm talking about myself, in case you didn't catch that.)

My grandpa passed away over the weekend.  I was told Saturday morning.  He died in his sleep.  The man was 89 years old and he hadn't been doing well.  What I mean to say, is that it wasn't a total shock for our family.  My dad had told me back in the Summer when he was out visiting him that  he wasn't going to live to Christmas.

I did get to say hello to him at Thanksgiving, though I wish that I would have taken more time to call him up and just say hi.  It's too late for should haves, but I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.  I wonder if my grandpa knew I loved him.  I really hope that he did.

Unfortunately I was unable to make it out to Georgia for his funeral, but I really wish I could have gone.  Be given a chance to say goodbye.  To tell him, one last time that I love him.  Instead I'm writing it in a blog, hoping that somehow, he'll get the message.

My Dad, did manage to record the service and post it to FB.  So I was able to watch it and if you would like to watch, I posted it below.



1 comment:

  1. The last time I spoke to grandpaw (last Thursday evening) I spoke of you and your brothers and his great grand children naming each of you and I passed on to him your love. He always asked about you all. He loved you all and knew that you loved him as well. He is at peace after a life of service to his nation. So don't fret about should of, could of. I love you, Lindsay.

    ReplyDelete