Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

Yup, it's amazing.  I am actually making another post.  And this time... I'm going to tell you about what I am currently working on.  I'm super nervous about sharing this with the world and I in no way want to build it up and end up disappointing many people.  Though it's not like I really expect people to actually read this.

So while I will not tell you a title (I am still working on it.).  I can give you a bit on what it's about.  It's basically a historical fiction book.  But with my own twist.  It's not contemporary and I am sure some will dislike it (I've learned you can't please everybody) though hopefully more people will like it.  Since I have not searched for an agent yet, I have no deadline to finish.  Good for me, because I could not do a deadline.  I have two children and one still wears diapers and has me chasing her around a good deal of the day.

Back to the book, because I am going off track.  My Protagonists name is Eloise Bradley.  She's eighteen years old.  The year is the late 1580's.  About 1585-1586.  It's right before the witch trials really hit it off and before there was an official colony established in the America's.  If you see where I am going with this, great!  If not, you will have to wait to read.  :)  I will reveal more at a later time and even put a small excerpt from my book.

But for now, understand why I am not doing too much sharing.  It's not easy for me to keep it to myself.  I would love to tell you all about it, but I want you to read it when I finish it and it gets published (either by myself or a publisher, I am not ashamed to publish my own book.  Sometimes that's how you have to get noticed).  I call my sister in law and tell her all about it, sending her what I've written.  Surprises are not my strong suit.  I even tell my friend Lyn everything before she's had a chance to read it.

I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!  And as an added treat below are a lists of some of my Characters:

Eloise Bradley
Seth Hastings
Ezra Mayes
Olivia Bradley
Frank Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment